Custom Designed Heavy Duty Dry Air Coolers
Turnbull & Scott is renowned for its robust heavy duty heat exchanger coils. These coils are commonly utilised in harsh operating environments and due to their durability are often found in difficult to access locations where the requirement for minimal maintenance is an imperative. Two types of heat exchangers designs are available for the bespoke Industrial Dry Air Coolers.
Proprietary Cu Al Plate-fin Coil Heat Exchanger Design
Central to the robustness of T&S plate-fin coils is the unique steel encased tube header design which incorporates high grade thick walled copper tubes and BS EH1501-161-430 (EN10028) boilerplate and interference fit steel ferrules.
This unique design ensures integrity at high temperature and pressure and negates the requirement of traditional return bends which have inherent fragility and are notoriously prone to frost damage.
Spiral Wound Fin Tube Heat Exchanger Design
This type of heat exchanger in a Dry Air Cooler offers significant flexibility in terms of coil materials and headers making them well suited to higher pressure applications or corrosive environments. Options include:
- Steel fin on a steel tube
- Stainless steel fin on stainless steel tube
- Al fin on steel Al fin on stainless steel
- Thick tube heavy duty tubular or box headers
- Vertical orientation for restricted footprint
Design & Material Options
Steels, Stainless steels, Copper, Aluminium
500mm-6,000mm (per unit/module)
Helical fin or plate at varying fin pitch on tube from 15mm-26.7mm diameter
Hot dip galvanised, Polyurethane coated, Zinc plated
Cooling Configurations & Capacities
- Cooling loads from 10 kW to several thousand kW to within 3°C of the prevailing ambient temperature.
- Configurations include V-Type, 1/2 -V, A-Type, larger W-Type as well as Flatbed systems horizontal or vertical airflow.
- Fully packaged plug-and-play coolers if required with pump set and controls supplied to meet specific operating requirements.
- Un-packaged cooling coils modules for OEM system integration
Air Blast Cooler / Dry Air Cooler Repair & Refurbishment
Extend your Plant Life
With over 70 years experience in heat exchanger design and manufacture, Turnbull & Scott is exceptionally well placed to test and determine the root cause of cooler failures.
The company can offer on-site visits and factory testing to determine whether repairs are possible to undertake repairs and refurbishment of existing coils and headers where feasible or supply retrofit of replacement coils and headers where required.